ISO 9001 is an internationally recognised standard designed to enable businesses from all sectors to run effective Management Systems to ensure quality across their operations.
Who is it for?
ISO 9001 is for businesses of all sizes from all sectors, for service providers as well as product manufacturers.
What are the benefits of ISO 9001?
ISO 9001 certification brings many business benefits:
- Consistent quality: it helps your business provide a consistent product or service
- Increased customer loyalty: as the customer is getting a consistently great product or service, it helps increase customer loyalty
- Increased efficiency: it helps you standardise and better understand your processes and procedures, interrogating them to make sure they are streamlined and optimised
- Saves money: by helping you to understand and optimise your processes, it can help you eliminate inefficiencies and so reduce costs
- Boosts your reputation: it tells your customers, suppliers and business partners that you work to an internationally recognised standard of quality that is externally verified on an annual basis.
- Creates new opportunities: Some organisations require ISO 9001 certification from their suppliers or contractors; achieving the standard can open new markets
The benefits of choosing Havard Quality Solutions to guide you through ISO 9001
- Save time, save money: With a 100% track record in successful first-time certification, we take you efficiently and swiftly through the accreditation process.
- Take away pain: Developing and writing processes to achieve quality accreditation is an involved, complex process. We take away the pain of focussing on the minutiae required for successful accreditation, so you can get on with your job.
- Peace of mind: You can relax, knowing your quality analysis and delivery is in safe hands.
How Havard Quality Solutions can help you achieve ISO 9001
We can undertake the full implementation programme, or we can help you with specific parts of the process. Our bespoke services include:
- Gap Analysis Report: Undertaking a Gap Analysis report against the requirements of the standard and providing you with a report to help you identify where you should focus your effort
- Management training: Providing training to upper management to help them understand their obligations to the standard
- Staff training: Providing training to your staff so they understand why the system is being implemented and their role
- Internal Auditor training: For members of staff that you have identified as Internal Auditors for your company
- Implementation: We work with you to formulate/complete your action plan
- Accreditation body liaison: Be the interface between you and the assessor, from initial discussions through the application process to completion of the project
- Assessor audit: Attend the Assessor audit and discuss the findings
- Continual improvement: Work with you to complete any non-conformances that were identified by the external assessor
Already certified to ISO 9001?
Congratulations! But you know that certification is only the first stage in constantly monitoring and improving your processes to ensure consistent quality. It can be a big undertaking – but we’re here to help. We can undertake the complete management of your QMS and ongoing accreditation, or provide bespoke support for your staff in any aspect of ongoing QMS maintenance and management, from internal audits to writing documentation, from training to management review.
What are the requirements of ISO 9001?
It requires your business to understand:
- Its services/products
- Its underlying processes and procedures
It requires that the designed Management System is:
- Customer focused
- Continually improving
A study by BSI of 9001 certified companies found:
- 75% reported improved levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty
- 75% reported enhanced operational performance
- 71% gained new customers and kept existing clients
- 55% made cost savings
Source:International BSI Excellerator Research 2011