ISO 14001 is an internationally recognised environmental management standard. It aims to help companies implement an effective Environmental Management System so they can reduce their environmental impact while maintaining profitability. It builds on the requirements of ISO 9001.
Who is it for?
ISO 14001 is for business of all shapes and sizes in all sectors, both service and product providers. It’s flexible to allow individual businesses to design a system that works for them.
What are the benefits of ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 accreditation brings many business benefits:
- Reduce costs: Reducing waste and a more efficient use of resources can cut operational costs
- Improve profitability: Reduced costs can improve your company’s bottom line
- Meet legal requirements: Having ISO 14001 puts your company in a strong position to review and conform to relevant legislation
- Proven green credibility: Companies that are certified to ISO 14001 are seen by the public to be environmentally responsible
- Competitive edge: ISO 14001 can deliver a sales advantage over your competitors
- Reduced insurance premiums: Being able to demonstrate an improved risk management system may lead to reduced insurance costs
The benefits of choosing Havard Quality Solutions to guide you through ISO 14001
- Save time, save money: With a 100% track record in successful first-time certification, we take you efficiently and swiftly through the accreditation process.
- Take away pain: Developing and writing processes to achieve quality accreditation is an involved, complex process. We take away the pain of focussing on the minutiae required for successful accreditation, so you can get on with your job.
- Peace of mind: You can relax, knowing your quality analysis and delivery is in safe hands.
How Havard Quality Solutions can help you achieve ISO 14001
We can undertake the full implementation programme, or we can help you with specific parts of the process. Our bespoke services include:
- Gap Analysis Report: Undertaking a Gap Analysis report against the requirements of the standard and providing you with a report to help you identify where you should focus your effort
- Management training: Providing training to upper management to help them understand their obligations to the standard
- Staff training: Providing training to your staff so they understand why the system is being implemented and their role
- Internal Auditor training: for members of staff that you have identified as Internal Auditors for your company
- Implementation: Work with you to formulate/complete your action plan
- Accreditation body liaison: Be the interface between you and the assessor, from initial discussions through the application process to completion of the project
- Assessor audit: Attend the Assessor audit and discuss the findings
- Continual improvement: Work with you to complete any non-conformances that were identified by the external assessor
Already certified to ISO 14001?
Great! You already have an Environmental Management System. But maybe you don’t have the resources to maintain it. We can help! We can either provide an inclusive management programme for your system or support your internal staff on a bespoke basis – from system development to staff training – so you maintain your accreditation.
What are the requirements of ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 requires a company to:
- Understand its services/products
- Understand its underlying processes and procedures
- Understand its suppliers
- Understand its environmental impact and design systems to reduce this impact without adversely affecting its business