What is ISO 17020?
ISO 17020 is an internationally recognised standard for the competence of inspection bodies. The standard provides a set of criteria for various inspection bodies to help implement an effective and accredited Management System.
Who is it for?
ISO 17020 is for inspection bodies of all shapes and sizes in all sectors. It is flexible to allow individual businesses to design a system that works for them.
What are the benefits of ISO 17020?
ISO 17020 accreditation certification brings many business benefits:
- Consistent quality: it helps your business provide a consistent service
- Increased customer loyalty: as the customer is getting a consistent service, it helps increase customer loyalty
- Increased efficiency: it helps you standardise and better understand your processes and procedures, interrogating them to make sure they are streamlined and optimised
- Saves money: by helping you to understand and optimise your processes, it can help you eliminate inefficiencies and so reduce costs
- 17020 accredited companies are able to supply their customers with internationally recognised certificates of their work
- Reduce costs: Reducing waste and a more efficient use of resources can cut operational costs
- Improve profitability: Reduced costs can improve your company’s bottom line
The benefits of choosing Havard Quality Solutions to guide you through ISO 17020
- Save time, save money: With a 100% track record in successful first-time certification, we take you efficiently and swiftly through the accreditation process.
- Take away pain: Developing and writing processes to achieve quality accreditation is an involved, complex process. We take away the pain of focussing on the minutiae required for successful accreditation, so you can get on with your job.
- Peace of mind: You can relax, knowing your quality analysis and delivery is in safe hands.
How Havard Quality Solutions can help you achieve ISO 17020
We can undertake the full implementation programme, or we can help you with specific parts of the process. Our bespoke services include:
- Gap Analysis Report: Undertaking a Gap Analysis against the requirements of the standard and providing you with a report to help you identify where you should focus your effort
- Management training: Providing training to upper management to help them understand their obligations to the standard
- Staff training: Providing training to your staff so they understand why the system is being implemented and their role
- Internal Auditor training: for members of staff that you have identified as Internal Auditors for your company
- Implementation: Work with you to formulate/complete your action plan
- Accreditation body liaison: Be the interface between you and the assessor, from initial discussions through the application process to completion of the project
- Assessor audit: Attend the Assessor audit and discuss the findings
- Continual improvement: Work with you to complete any non-conformances that were identified by the external assessor
What are the requirements of ISO 17020?
It requires you to understand:
- Your services
- Your underlying processes and procedures
It requires that the designed Management System is:
- Customer focused
- Continually improving